GLOBUS 2018/2019: Jordan Escape (KQD)
7 days from Amman to Dead Sea
Your off-season guided tour of Jordan begins in the capital city of Amman and concludes at the Dead Sea-one of the lowest spots on Earth. Marvel at Jordan's many amazing sites, but without the crowds or prices of the busy season! Visit Amman-one of the world's oldest continuously inhabited cities with a history spanning nine millennia-to see the Roman amphitheater and take an exciting excursion to Umm Qais, and Jerash, a well-preserved Greco-Roman city buried for centuries under desert sands. Join in guided sightseeing of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Petra-one of the New 7 Wonders of the World, and carved directly into the sandstone rock. Walk down the Siq, a narrow gorge with spectacular colors between its high cliffs, and stand in awe of the famed Treasury site, carved out of the sheer sandstone cliff in the 1st century BC. You'll sip tea in a Bedouin tent-a tradition of the semi-nomadic Bedouin people still inhabiting this region.Take an adventure on a four-wheel drive in the desert of Wadi Rum, virtually untouched by humanity with its incredible landscape, monolithic rockscapes, and centuries-old paintings spread on the rocky outcrops. You'll also visit Kerak, and its 12th-century Crusader Castle; Wadi Mujib, the "Jordanian Grand Canyon;" Madaba, home to a 6th-century mosaic map of the Holy Land; Mount Nebo, the holy site where Moses saw the Promised Land; Bethany Beyond the Jordan, where Christians believe Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist; and the Dead Sea. All of this, minus the crowds and cost of high-season, await you on this one-week guided tour of Jordan!
Call (800) 288-1190 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13884044
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Amman||Arrive at Amman Airport and transfer to your hotel. Balance of the day is at leisure. Enjoy this evening's welcome dinner with your traveling companions, hosted by your Tour Director. (D)|
|Day 2||UMM QAIS||Start this morning with guided city sightseeing of Amman and a visit to the ROMAN AMPHITHEATER. Later, travel to JERASH, which was inhabited as early as 3200 BC. Although the city was impacted by the earthquake of 749 AD, it is the site of the best preserved Greco-Roman ruins in the Middle East. Next, stop in Umm Qais, site of the Gadarene swine miracle. (B,D)|
|Day 3||Petra||An exciting visit to Wadi Rum is on the program today. Wadi Rum is the largest wadi (ravine) in Jordan and made eternally famous through the movie Lawrence of Arabia. Enjoy spectacular [LF] FOUR-WHEELING through the sand dunes and receive a keffiyeh, a local headscarf. Continue to the 'Rose-Red City' of Petra, where you can relax at your hotel this evening or explore the ancient city. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Petra||Full day of guided sightseeing in Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the New 7 Wonders of the World. Lost to the world for centuries, it is located in the biblical land of Moab. [LF] Enjoy an unforgettable experience as you walk down the SIQ, the narrow gorge made famous in the movie Indiana Jones and theLast Crusade. Stand in awe in front of the iconic and famed TREASURY. You'll see spectacular temples and tombs created out of the rose-colored sandstone, and sip tea in a real BEDOUIN TENT. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Dead Sea||This morning features Kerak, with a visit to the CRUSADER CASTLE and Wadi Mujib, the 'Jordanian Grand Canyon.' Continue to your hotel at the Dead Sea for your 2-night stay. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Dead Sea||A fascinating day awaits! Stop in Madaba to visit ST. GEORGE'S CHURCH, which houses a precious 6th-century mosaic map of the Holy Land. Also explore the MADABA ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM. Today's major highlight is a visit to MOUNT NEBO, where Moses saw the Promised Land. Next is Bethany Beyond the Jordan, where Christians believe that Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist. Return to the Dead Sea to enjoy a farewell dinner with your traveling ompanions to celebrate an unforgettable journey. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Dead Sea||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning (the nearest airport is Amman). (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person in single, double, or triple room occupancy.The single supplement waiver and single room capacity is limited, please call for availability.All Escapes by Globus tours and departures are excluded from the following Globus discounts: Book Early & Save, Journeys Club discount, Second Tour discount and Small Group discount.Extra nights per person in Amman:in single room $188, in twin $102, in triple $102Extra nights per person in Dead Sea:in single room $146 to $206, in twin $85 to $116, in triple $85 to $116
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).